Sexiest Body Ever!
1. More Lemon Water: Lemons are alkalizing, detoxifying, appetite suppressing and beautifying to your skin! But don’t stop at just one squeeze. Take a couple of fresh lemons, toss into a blender. Add juice to a pitcher of water and sip throughout the day. Sure, you are gonna put your bladder to work, but you will stave off cravings and speed up fat loss. Add a fresh strawberry or two for flavor boost.
2. Kick Up The Cardio: Intensity is where it is at to get your best body. Any physical activity beats vegging out on the sofa, but increasing the pace with bursts of intensity, known as interval cardio, is the best way to burn maximum calories in less time, and trigger more post workout fat-burning.
Increase resistance and speed for 20 to 30 seconds and go! Maximum effort for short interval, recover and repeat, can done on elliptical machine, stationary bike, treadmill, cardio classes, etc. Interval cardio is one of the best strategies to transform your body fast.
3. Do Compound Exercises: Swimmers and gymnasts look tone and shapely for a reason. Their sports require use of multiple muscles simultaneously. By adding exercises that simulate the way these athletes train, we achieve similar similar athletic and lean look.
Do compound exercises that work upper, lower and core in one exercise (like kettle bell swings and dumbbell lunges). Sure, it is more challenging, but your body will love you for it!
4. Take Sets to Exhaustion: You are stronger than you think! Don’t be afraid to lift heavy, as long as you keep flawless form. Pick weight so at end of 10 to 12 reps, your muscles are in state of (near) total fatigue. You are not going to get big muscles. You are going to get more tone in less time, and turbo charge metabolism!
5. Cut Carbs After Dark: Many of us have a love and hate affair with carbs: bread, pasta, desert; even fruit with natural sugar can be consumed to excess. Total denial is not the answer, which can lead to binging when willpower falters. We need healthy carbs for energy and recovery. Some carbs (complex, fibrous) are superior than others (starchy, processed.) Earn your carbs through workout quality, otherwise keep intake low to moderate and reduce carbs at night when metabolism slows.
6. Include Healthy Fats: The connection between dietary fat and body fat is a myth. Small amounts of healthy fats help to achieve optimal weight loss and fitness goals.
Our bodies need healthy fats for fast metabolism, cell membrane integrity and optimal brain function. A low intake of healthy fats (2-3 servings per day) daily helps to satisfy hunger to prevent consumption of unhealthy fats and unhealthy carbs.
Craving a late night snack? You are wiser to choose a few unsalted nuts, a spoon of peanut butter, or glass of hot milk over carb-rich treat. Don’t be afraid of small amounts of healthy fat. They are you friends on path to your best body ever!
Best choices include avocado, unsalted nuts and seeds, almond and peanut butter, extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, black olives, organic dairy including milk, ricotta, mozzarella, yogurt, kefir and grass fed butter.